The Water and Wastewater Association of Iceland (VAFRÍ) was founded on April 17th, 2009. This is an association of individuals, organizations and companies interested in water and wastewater affairs. The main goals of the association are:
- To promote safe water systems, improved water quality and sustainable wastewater systems.
- To promote best available technology in water and wastewater system operations.
- To promote design principles and improve infrastructure design in the water and wastewater sector.
- To improve the members knowledge on water and wastewater systems with verbal communications, regular meetings and site visits
- To educate the public on water and wastewater affairs
- To assist authorities on law and regulations, as well as writing standards for water and wastewater systems.
For more information, contact:
Hrund Andradóttir, President of VAFRÍ, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aldís Ingimarsdóttir, Secretary of VAFRÍ, email@example.com